Monday, January 14, 2013

I HATE brown.

I hate hate hate BROWN. I know it's weird. I don't know why, but I just can't stand the color. I don't wear brown, EVER. I don't even own anything in this hideous shade. I hate tan, khaki and beige. I hate un-painted wood. Anything with the slightest hue of brown, I don't like it. If someone were to ask me if I liked something (be it clothes, shoes, paint or whatever) and it had brown in it, the answer would be no. Nomatter how rad it was.

So when we bought our home last September, imagine my disgust when almost every room was some shade of brown. It was everywhere. Entryways, hallways, bedrooms, livingrooms and in my glorious kitchen.  Well tonight I will sleep better knowing all that brown is finally GONE. Replaced by wonderful shades of gray, no pun intended; I am now a happy woman. Well, closer to being a happy woman.

You see, there is still one brown thing left. Our dreaded backsplash. Its brown ceramic tile with a variety of little brown inlayed glass mosaic.

Soon to be replaced by this FANTASTIC marble mosaic we found here. 
This marble mosaic is 500 times more beautiful in person.


Or at least that's what I am hoping. I left some pretty "subtle" hints this weekend while Mike's friend (who happens to do tile) was over.

I guess we will see what happens when my birthday rolls around next month....

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy! you must think that our house is terrible! It sounds like I would love the back splash that you have now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get it off without breaking the tile, I would give it to you! Your home is beautiful!!!

      Even with all that brown...

      Delete
  2. Iis gorgeous! I wish I could put it in my bag and bring it home!

    ReplyDelete